Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My Purple Plaid Piggy Bag

I just started a new little project this past week, something I'd be planning to do for a while and just never got around to. I took some purple plaid fabric I had, and the pattern I created for adult-sized guinea pig plushies, and made...

A purple plaid piggy-shaped bag! It's a bit on the small side and looks like a purse for a little girl. The face is a bit pointy too, but I like it.


I'll probably try making more of these, since I have more of this fabric, as well as some classic red plaid and some mostly black plaid (I love plaids). I'll enlarge the pattern and make them a little bigger, and maybe round out that face a bit.


I used a plain purple cotton fabric for an inner lining, some neat fake leather straps with gromits, and the same safety eyes that I use on my plushies. So yeah, that was my latest just-for-fun project. I intended to use this to hold my keys and cell while I was out on my bike. It may look a tad silly hanging off my bike, but maybe not so much with a matching water bottle cover made of the same fabric. :3

12 comments:

  1. OMG! I love it! I want one! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so thrilled to find your artfire shop! (I even added you to my "wishlist" today on my blog...) and I would SO carry one of these around, I think black/white/brown/tan plaid would be super cute. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so want one of these! I've been looking for a purple purse that's out of the ordinary, and this one is my all time favorite! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHH! You literally make the coolest things in the world. I. am. in. LOVE! Is the purse up for sale yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I WANT ONE! LOL u could even make one into a guinea pig carrier! what ever u decide to do when its up for sale email me @ hdog2976@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow i REALLY want one PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSE

    Contact me if u sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute <3


    christelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! I want one too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply amazing, and a fantastic piece of work! I bet a tonne of people, and guinea pig lovers would love to have one of these!

    ReplyDelete