Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Miss Wilhelmina Mousiekins

A couple of weeks ago it was my birthday, and I got a new friend...


Her name is Miss Wilhelmina Mousiekins, and she's the prettiest spotted mouse I've ever seen. She was a bit shy at first, but I bribed her with oats and cornbread crumbs, and now she's so very friendly. Miss Mousiekins will take food from my hands, even eating straight out of my palm. She comes towards us when we approach her cage, and she loves to climb all over the place.

We've replaced the wire cage with a glass tank, so she can't reach out of the door of the cage like she used to, but Wilhelmina still hops onto my hand when I put it in her cage.
Is that not the most adorable face?

3 comments:

  1. Miss Wilhelmina Mousiekins is adorable...when I was in college we were allowed to have small pets. I had a beautiful brown mouse called Pumpkin. She was the friendliest little thing and when I put my hand in the aquarium she always climbed on to come out. She used to run around my desk while I did my homework. I had branches rocks and a wheel in her home and one of her fav toys was an empty tp roll. lol

    I luv the pics you take of your critters...I can't tell which are the real ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Wilhelmina Mousiekins is *so* cute! =)

    ReplyDelete